Perfectly-winged eyeliner is a must-have look for any beauty lover! Winged eyeliner can instantly make any eye look more defined and glamorous, but it can sometimes feel like an impossible look to master. With the right know-how, however, perfecting winged eyeliner can be surprisingly simple! Below, we provide some tried-and-true tips and techniques for mastering this classic eye makeup look.
1. Mastering the Winged Eyeliner Look: Dreamy Do’s and Don’ts
Mastering the winged eyeliner look requires a certain level of skill, but with these easy do’s and don’ts, you will learn to quickly attain the dreamy eyeliner look of your dreams.
- DO create a crisp line with an angle brush and black gel eyeliner.
- DO practice the technique a few times in a row until you get your desired look.
- DO anchor the winged line and shape the angles with a light brown eyeliner.
When it comes to eye makeup, the rules of do’s and don’ts apply equally for wings. Steer clear of these must avoid mistakes for the best winged eyeliner.
- DON’T skip using an angle brush; it will give you more control and precision.
- DON’T neglect to set the eyeliner with a long-lasting eye shadow in a matching shade.
- DON’T forget to use a makeup remover or a damp cotton bud to clean up mistakes.
It’s worth investing in long-lasting eyeliners, as they will help you maintain your eye makeup longer than regular eyeliners. Learning to use a few shades together will give you the perfect wing. Use the darker shade for the inner corner of the eye and the lighter shade to soften the look. Finish off your eyeliner with a lash curler and two coats of mascara for a dramatic eye makeup look.
2. The Fundamentals of Achieving a Razor-Sharp Line
In order to get the boldest, most vivid look possible when creating lines, mastering the fundamentals is of the utmost importance. To achieve a razor-sharp line as you put it, here are some key elements to keep in mind:
- Start with the right tools – Using a quality drafting compass and a good quality 0.5mm pen are both essential for achieving a crisp line. Along with these, an extra-fine pen or graphite can help to make the line even sharper – just make sure that whatever you use is suitable for the surface you’re drawing on.
- Mark out with precision – To make sure your line has the cleanest possible edge, use reference points to mark out the direction accurately. This will help create a line that’s straight and true.
- Keep your hand steady – To create a line that’s as sharp as a razor, a steady hand is key. This means crafting the line slowly and deliberately, whilst making sure the pen remains in contact with the surface the whole time. Pay attention to the pressure you’re exerting also – with the right balance of pressure and speed you’ll be able to create an accurate, finely detailed line.
As well as the physical elements, attaining a razor-sharp line requires a certain degree of mental focus. This means devoting your full attention to the line, allowing nothing to disturb your concentration. Paying attention to the line’s shape as you’re drawing it is essential, ensuring that you make micro-adjustments as needed to keep it from becoming crooked.
Finally, never be afraid to erase and recreate. If you feel like a part of the line you’ve drawn isn’t quite right, don’t hesitate to go back and fix it. This may take a while longer, but the benefit of a line that’s perfectly sharp and clear will be worth the extra effort.
3. Taking Your Winged Eyeliner to the Next Level: Technicolor Tips
Get ready to show off your bright and beautiful looks with these technicolor tips! Metallic eyeliners are the perfect way to embrace bold looks, and when you take them to the next level with bronzes, teals, purples, and other colors of the rainbow, you’ll be sure to delight.
1. Choose the Right Base
To get the best out of your eyeshadow, you’ll want a solid base to work with. Whether you choose a shimmering primer, a gel eyeliner or a shadow base, make sure to apply it lightly and evenly to the lids. This will ensure that your eye makeup stays locked in place.
2. Get Creative with Color
Next, it’s time to bring your look to life with color! Have some fun with metallic eyeliners, experimenting with different hues. Try out some golds and silvers, as well as deep, exotic blues, purples, roses, and greens for really adventurous looks.
When layering your colors, concentrate them on the upper and lower lash lines. If you prefer a softer and subtler look, you can always blend the colors together.
3. Accessorize With Sequins
- You can always add a special sparkle by adding a few sequins or jewels to your look.
- Sequins are an easy and effective way to add texture and dimension to eye makeup.
- You can use tweezers to add them, placing them near the inner corner of your eye for maximum glam.
There you have it— you’ve created the ultimate technicolor winged eyeliner look! With the combination of glitter, metallics, and even some sequins, you’re now ready to wow the crowd with your sparkling, colorful winged eyeliner masterpiece.
So there you have it – winged eyeliner has never been so easy! With these top tips and techniques, you can confidently rock the perfect look. So take a deep breath, grab your makeup tools, and give it a go. You’ll be winging your way to beauty in no time!