Are you looking to innovate your smokey eye makeup scene but don’t quite know where to start? Well, your search is over! Get creative and explore different smokey eye variations beyond the classic black option. With a few simple, easy to follow steps, you can start experimenting with your looks and express your individual style. Ready to take your beauty routine up a notch? Get inspired and discover smokey eyes beyond the black box!
1. Casting the Spotlight on Colorful Smokey Eyes
Smokey eyes are making a comeback – every makeup artist’s favorite look! This sophisticated look is great for accentuating your eyes and adding a bit of glamor. And, more importantly, they come in dazzling colors that can help you create the perfect look for any occasion.
How to Get the Perfect Smokey Look
- Start with a neutral primer and use a light color for the entire lid.
- Apply a darker shade around the crease. This will be the base color for your smokey look.
- Blend the colors together to remove harsh transitions.
- Use a darker shade of the same color to the corner of your eyes. Make sure to blend it out.
- To add dimension, use two different shades of the same color to create a blended effect.
- Finish with some mascara and a dark eyeliner.
When it comes to experimenting with colors, you can go wild! From brights to deep jewels, there are numerous options available. Whether you want something subtle yet chic, or bold and statement-making, with smokey eyes, you can have it all.
If you’re looking for dramatic and glam looks, opt for dark burgundy or mesmerizing emerald green. On the other hand, if you’re searching for something more adventurous and daring, you can try out onyx black or sapphire blue.
Using various shades of one color with the smokey eye technique can be a great way to give your look a unique twist. Try combining complementary colors, like green with purple, or blue with orange. You can also incorporate light shades with darker ones, such as adding a silver hue to your dark brown eyes.
2. Transforming the Traditional Smokey Eye Look
Every makeup routine needs its fair share of shimmer! Give your smokey eye a modern, chic update by introducing light-catching shimmer and sparkle. Swap your favorite matte shades for beautiful, glitzy eye shadows in colors that range from smoky neutrals to classic shimmers.
Smokey eyes are no longer limited to black and gray. Add a splash of color to the classic look by including pastel blues, purples and even emerald greens. For instance, a navy blue shade blended into a classic charcoal is a timeless look that’s sure to turn heads.
Accentuating Your Eyes with Eyeliner
Say goodbye to strict, classic lines and pick up your favorite liquid eyeliner. Experiment with winged eyeliner looks and shapes, such as graphic lines or curved flicks. Thick eyeliner is great for achieving a more modern and daring take on the traditional smokey eye look.
Layering Your Smokey Eye Shades
To amp up the drama, try layering one eye shadow on top of another. Instead of simply blending one eye shadow in the ‘smokey eye’ pattern, apply different shades in the same area and blend them together to create an interesting and unique eye look.
Adding Movement with Lashes
Finish off your look with a set of dramatic, wispy false eyelashes. Lashes of various lengths and styles can add tremendous volume and depth to your whole look, making your eyes truly stand out.
3. Expanding Your Smokey Eye Palette
Ready to take your smokey eye look to the next level? Broaden your smokey eye palette by experimenting with colors you wouldn’t normally wear. Here are 3 tips to get you started:
- Play with opacity. Reach for shades with more subtle tones that still have a smokey effect, like taupes, buffs, and deep browns.
- Introduce metallic hues and textures. A touch of copper or gold eyeshadow can add a new dimension while maintaining the classic smokey eye look.
- Try different palettes. Mix up the usual chocolate and black pairing by venturing into navy blue and dark purple shades.
Start with neutral shades when it comes to . Accent colors look great but you’ll need a strong base to work with. Try various shades of browns, grays, and blacks. Translucent, matte colors should be the foundation on which to add depth to the crease, lid, and outer corner of the eye.
After you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time to add some statement colors. Think outside the box and find shades that will both work with your skin tone and create dramatic effects. For example, you can try combining boldly colored eyeliners such as blues and violets with softer shades to complete your look.
Lastly, make sure go to easy on the blending. Bold, vibrantly colored eyeshadows can quickly transform into an uneven, blurry mess if not blended properly. Keep an eye on the transition between colors and how they lay within the eye socket for a balanced, intense smokey eye.
4. Creating a Showstopping Smokey Eye Look
is a classic that every woman should learn to recreate. With just a few simple tips, the right products and some practice, you can master the art of creating this timeless makeup look.
- Choose colors: The key to creating a stunning smokey eye is picking the right colors. Select dark colors such as black, gray and navy, as well as shimmery hues in shades of bronze, silver and gold. Start with a neutral shade, then add the darker tones before finishing with the shimmery tones to add a bit of glam.
- Apply primer: Prep your eyes with an eyeshadow primer to help keep your colors true and ensure your makeup won’t fade or crease throughout the day.
- Smudge your liner: Use an eyeliner to line your top and bottom lash line. Once your liner is applied, use a smudger brush to blend the liner out to create a smokey effect. If necessary, use a darker eyeshadow to deepen and intensify the look.
- Add Mascara: Make your eyes look bolder with two coats of black mascara. Simply wiggle your mascara brush at the base of your lashes, then sweep the brush up and outward to coat your lashes.
When you’ve reached the desired level of smokiness, use a fluffy brush to blend and soften the edges. This will help create a seamless blend between the edges and give you the polished look you desire. If you prefer a more dramatic look, apply a few coats of false eyelashes. To finish, set your smokey eye with a high-quality setting spray.
With these simple steps, you can easily create a stunning smokey eye look that will turn heads wherever you go. Practice a few times and you’ll be a smokey eye pro in no time.
We hope this article has shown you more ways to incorporate a smokey eye into your makeup look, inspiring you to explore new and unique variations of this timeless classic. With these tips in hand, you now have everything you need to make a statement with your eyes.