If you want to go from day look to night look in no time flat, contour and highlight are your best friends! Whether you’re going out for a night on the town or to an important business meeting, contouring and highlighting can take your look from flat and dull to glowy and fabulous in just a few simple steps. Now, with a few simple tips and tricks, you’ll find it easy to transform your look in an instant. Read on to find out more!
1. Unlock the Magic of Contour and Highlight
If you’re looking to get the perfect look for any time of the day or night, contour and highlighting is the way to go. With these two processes, you can change the way your face looks in a professional, seamless way. No longer do you have to rely on makeup to create the illusion of a more contoured jawline or sleeker nose. Through contour and highlighting, you can give your face the presence you have always desired.
Without needing to be an expert makeup artist, anyone can learn how to use contour and highlighting products for impressive results. You can unlock the power of makeup by using just the right basics such as brushes, shaders, bronzers, and highlighters. As you get a hang of it, you can easily add more details to your look such as sparkly shimmery highlighters.
The first step is to learn the right places on your face where you should highlight and contour. Usually, you highlight the middle of the forehead, bridge of the nose, upper cheekbones, and the cupid’s bow of your lips. On the other hand, the areas you need for contour are the creases around your nose and jawline, and the sides of the forehead. Once you understand the basics, you can begin to use your products.
Using a brush or other applicator of your choice, apply some highlighter onto your cheekbones, then blend it in with the other products. For the contouring, apply the same product in a 3 shape motion on either side of your nose. To finish the job, use a blender and a setting spray for optimal results.
Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors, textures, formulas, and products to create the perfect look for you. With contour and highlighting, any look can become possible. Get creative, and have fun!
2. Transition Your Look with a Few Simple Steps
We all have those days when our style feels stale. It’s times like these when we need to take a few moments to give our wardrobe an update. With a few simple steps, you can easily transition to a new look and feel more confident in your style choices.
Start with Separates: Separates are your friends. They can instantly give your wardrobe an update without having to buy an entirely new outfit. Wearing items from the same fabric family also creates an effortless coordinated look. For day to day ensembles, mix and match denim pieces to get that “put together” but casual look.
Accessorize: Don’t be afraid to add flair to your outfit by choosing accessories to bring your look to the next level. Classic pieces like a women’s fedora, a unique necklace or colorful scarf are all easy additions to dress up a plain top or trousers. For added texture, add a wide leather belt to your ensemble.
Reinvent Shoes: To give you style a quick boost, try switching up your shoe game. Step out of your comfort zone and choose a bright color or new style. In particular, platforms and sandals are versatile pieces with many ensembles. To transition to warm weather looks, stock up on slingbacks, block heels, and espadrilles.
Experiment with Fabric: Don’t be afraid to play around with different fabrics. Try adding texture to your outfit with pieces made from velvet, lace or corduroy. Lightweight fabrics like a chiffon maxi dress is an effortless look for summer that romantic and playful.
Following these steps can help you make subtle but effective updates to your wardrobe. Don’t be afraid to experiment and have fun. You may just surprise yourself with the look you’ve created.
3. Brighten and Showcase Your Features with Highlighting
Highlighting can be used to brighten and frame the features you want to accentuate. With the right technique, you can have people focus on the areas of emphasis and be captivated in your look.
- Apply highlighter. Dab your brush into a light-toned cream or powder and lightly dust it over your prominent features for a subtle glow. Highlight your cheekbones, brow bones, bridge of your nose and cupids bow for an effortless, polished finish.
- Bring drama with contouring. Choose a darker toned shade and apply it to the hollow of your cheekbones, jawline and sides of your nose. Blend it out for a natural sculptural look.
- Blend in. Use a dampened beauty blender or a brush and start blending the edges of your contour and highlighter for a soft transition. Work your way around the contours and features to make sure everything looks seamless and polished.
- Set it! Take a translucent powder or setting spray and lightly mist your face for a longer lasting finish. You can also tap some loose powder at the T-zone to set the makeup in place.
Once complete, take a step back and admire your new look. Your highlighting and contouring should draw attention to focal points of your face, bringing out the best in your beauty. With practice, you’ll soon be able to confidently highlight with the best of them.
4. Create Shade for Drama with Contour
Contouring is an art that can be used to create the perfect shape for any face. Just like an artist can use light and shade to create drama on a canvas, you can use contour to create drama to your face. Here are some easy tips for creating a shadow effect that will make your features stand out:
- Use darker tones: Try using deeper, darker colors of contour to get more of a dramatic effect. Time for some serious experimentation!
- Create sharp edges: Avoid feathery or smudged edges when contouring, and instead create sharp lines and angles. Blending is all well and good, but the sharper lines create a more pronounced look.
- Highlight with lighter shades: Complement your darker contour look with a lighter highlighting color. This will draw more attention to the contour-created shadows and add another dimension to the overall effect.
Contouring isn’t just about creating dramatic effects – it can also be used to make subtle changes to the shape of your face. You can use contouring to make strong cheekbones and jawlines, or else other small changes that will help you achieve the perfect look.
With a bit of practice, you can have fun while creating stunning looks using contour! So, why not add some drama to your features by mastering the art of contouring!
Achieving a flawless from-day-to-night look has never been easier with contour and highlight! With the tips and techniques outlined in this article, you’ll be able to effortlessly transition from day to night with minimal effort and maximum glamour. So why wait? Get started on your day-to-night transformation journey today and watch yourself transform from drab to fab!