Makeup has come a long way over the years, allowing us to express our unique beauty in infinite ways. Have you ever stopped and thought about the way your eye shape impacts the way you create your look? There are ways to enhance your eye shape with makeup, depending on what type of eyes you have: hooded, almond, or round. Learn how to bring out all the beauty and express your unique personality with makeup tailored to enhance each eye shape.
1. Eye-Catching Beauty: Enhancing Eye Shapes with Makeup
Eyes are one of the most attractive features of the face and makeup can be used to enhance their appeal. All eyes are not the same shape, so different techniques have to be used to try and bring out the best. Here are a few ways to make your eye shape look even more stunning.
- Almond Shaped Eyes: Strengthening the outer corner of the eye and giving it a more lifted, winged look is the key for almond shaped eyes. Give your eyeliner a winged tip to bring prominence and definition to this eye shape.
- Round Eyes: The focus should be on using shadow to create an optical illusion of a lifted eye. Start with a light base shadow and layer darker hues over the crease. Make sure not to drag it too high up the lid, as it will end up making your eyes look even rounder.
- Hooded Eyes: Drawing attention to the eyelid is the main goal when dealing with hooded eyes. Using a thin line of eyeliner created right at the lash line helps create an open, lifted look. Make sure to use makeup sparingly to avoid creasing and smudging.
- Monolidded Eyes: If you have monolids, then you should try to make your eyes look larger. Adding a light shimmery eyeshadow to your lid, especially near the center will create a larger looking eye. Don’t be afraid to go all the way to the crease, as this will deepen the look even further.
You can take any look to the next level by simply learning how to use makeup creatively. Whether you have almonds, rounds, hooded, or monolid eyes, there are various techniques you can use to make them appear more stunning. Practice, persistence, and patience are key to mastering the art of applying makeup to your eyes.
2. Show Stopping Hooded Eyes
Achieving a show-stopping look with your eyes can be an intimidating task, but with the right products and techniques you can transform your eyes in minutes! Here are the key elements of fabulous hooded eyes:
- Concealer: Start by applying a good quality concealer that is not too heavy in consistency. This will help create a brightening effect and a canvas for all the other products.
- Mascara: One of the few traditional eye makeup tips that goes with hooded eyes is a volumizing and lengthening mascara. For added effect, use a lash curler before application.
- Cut Crease: One of the most popular techniques used to create a dramatic look with hooded eyes is the cut crease. This is a technique where shadow is used just above the natural crease to add depth and shape to the hood.
- Shimmer: Adding a sparkly shadow to the lid and inner corner of the eye can be done to add a sophisticated and glamorous touch. Choose a shade that matches your complexion and you can blend it in, or keep it strong and dramatic for an eye-catching look.
- Eyeliner: Drawing a dramatic wing with a waterproof eyeliner is the ultimate way to frame the eyes and add definition. Choose a velvety product and create the flick that works with your eye shape.
You can also use cream eyeshadows, matte shadows, finely milled glitters and pigments for even more effect. With these makeup tips, you are sure to get the perfect show-stopping, hooded eyes.
3. Almond-Shaped Eye Wow Factor
Though not everyone is blessed with almond-shaped eyes, those who do can easily make them work in their favour in more ways than one. With a few strategic makeup tips, accenting these eyes is a breeze, allowing anyone to make a subtle, yet powerful statement.
Highlighting the eyes brings out their unique almond shape and can be done by using a concelear pencil or pointed eyeshadow brush. Simply line along the inner corners of your eyes and underneath the browbone for a subtle sheen. Adding a touch of gold to the lower lash line can also provide depth and framing for these beautiful eyes.
Lengthen your almond-shaped eyes easily with several tried and tested methods:
- Use a white eyeliner pencil on the lower lash line to give a wide-awake look.
- Highlight your browbone with a light eyeshadow to draw attention up to your brows.
- Enhance your thin upper and lower lashes with mascara.
One makeup look that is sure to turn heads is the classic smokey eye. To recreate this look with an almond-shaped eye, brush a light shade of eyeshadow over the lid and the crease. Then use a dark shade of eyeshadow (preferably black) along the upper and lower lash lines. In the crease, use a medium shade eyeshadow to blend into the eyelid. Add a few coats of mascara for a finishing touch!
4. Makeup Tricks for Round Eyes
If you have round eyes, your facial features can lend themselves to some unique makeup tricks! Round eyes look especially stunning when the right makeup products and techniques are used. Here are some tips and tricks:
- Add some length: To make round eyes look more almond-shaped, use eyeliner to add a slight wing to the out corners of the eyes. This will open up your eyes and make them appear longer. Finish off the look with 2-3 coats of your favorite mascara to give your eyes more definition.
- Try dramatic mascara: Dramatic, thicker-looking lashes are the perfect way to add character to round eyes! Curl your lashes before applying mascara and then apply a heavier amount on the outer corners of your eyes.
- Create natural definition: To give your eyes a softer, more natural definition, use a dark eyeshadow to lightly define your eyes, and then blend the edges. This will give you the definition without making your eyes appear heavy or too intense.
Be careful not to use a lot of product: Applying too much product to your eyes will make them look heavy and dark, and your eyes may be overwhelmed by the color! Use only a little bit of product, and then blend it out lightly. This will help create the perfect, natural look.
Pay attention to your brows: Your brows can be an important component of your look when you have round eyes. Keep your brows groomed and the shape as defined as possible – this will help create structure for your eyes and face, and will ensure that your eyes stand out!
Highlighting and enhancing your eye shape doesn’t have to be complicated. With a few tips and tricks, you can easily master the art of accentuating your eye shape for any occasion! All you need is the right makeup techniques, and you’ll be ready to shine with self-confidence. So, say goodbye to hooded, almond, or round eyes, and hello to beautiful, defined features!